- MA, Creative Writing, City College of New York, New York, NY, May 2003
- BSc (Honours), Computer Science and English, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, May 1999
- Technologies: Enterprise JavaBeans, JavaServer Pages, WebSphere Business Components (software implementation package facilitating the development of EJB applications), Standard Template Library
- Programming tools: Rational Rose, VisualAge for Java, Eclipse, VisualAge C++, Visual C++, Flash 5.0
- Operating systems: UNIX (Linux, AIX, Sun Solaris), Windows NT/2000, AS/400
- Software applications: WebSphere Application Server, Apache HTTP Server, MySQL, DB2, Hummingbird Exceed, Dreamweaver, Adept Editor, ID Workbench, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, FrontPage), Adobe Acrobat, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Photoshop, RoboHelp, CorelDraw, AutoCAD, Lotus Notes
Adjunct Faculty, Macomb Community College, Warren, MI, USA, September 2003-present
Teach the following courses:
- Preparatory Composition: Focuses on punctuation, sentence and paragraph structure. Designed as preparatory for successful work in freshman composition courses.
- Communications 1: Combines the study of composition as one of the liberal arts with intensive preparation for professional and specialized writing needs. It develops competence in English sentence elements and skills in organizing, proofreading, and revising the report and essay.
Technical Writer, IBM Canada, Ltd., Toronto, ON, January 1999-July 2001
Designed, wrote, and revised manuals, tutorials, and other technical documents. Developed sample applications and tools to facilitate generation and manipulation of documents.
- Updated IBM Open Class (IOC) User's Guide consisting of ten volumes. Wrote example applications, including those demonstrating IOC's user interface classes. Covered internationalization issues such as Unicode Standard.
- Created ANSI/ISO-compliant, cross-platform, C/C++ language reference. Wrote and tested sample code. Collaborated with developers working on AS/400, S/390, and Intel platforms to ensure coverage of all IBM-supported operating systems.
- Ported internal text-replacement tool from Windows to AIX.
- Wrote several Perl scripts facilitating management of HTML documents, including script that generates table of contents for Dinkumware's Standard Template Library documentation.
- Mentored co-op students. Familiarized them with information development processes and tools, and delegated to them assignments and projects
- Coordinated standardized process of generating PDF documents from HTML files.
- Designed tutorial for WebSphere Business Components (WSBC). Tutorial included instructions for building Rose models, and basic concepts of Enterprise JavaBeans and JSP/Servlets development.
- Documented use cases and functional requirements for Advanced and Base Components from WSBC.
Volunteer High School Teacher, SEED Alternative School, Toronto, Ontario, September 1997-May 1999
Taught Grades 11, 12, and OAC (Grade 13) courses.
- Introduced fundamentals of C and C++ through data structures and algorithms.
- Created lesson plans. Administered and graded programming assignments and tests.
- Worked with supervising teachers to ensure that my lesson plans were in accordance with Ministry guidelines.
- Provided necessary software for students to use to complete their assignments.
Bicycle Courier, APX International Corp., Toronto, ON, April 1995-May 1996
Delivered packages throughout asphalt tributaries of Metropolitan Toronto.
Crossword game program, April 2003
Created a Java-based engine for a crossword game program.
efootnote, August 2002
Created this PHP and MySQL-based application that allows registered users to comment on online documents.
University of Toronto Kendo Club, September 1996-July 2001
Taught beginners fundamentals of kendo. Achieved 2-dan level (second-degree black belt).